Tres Seaver wrote:

David Pratt wrote:
Hi Alan. I'm keeping the thread on the list since you raised the issue here. There are several repositories of zope related code that exist outside of svn.zope.org. I have made the decision to host DirectoryStorage at sourceforge on the basis that I have committed to maintaining and contributing to the project.

I volunteered to maintain the project since I saw it falling into disrepair following two years without a single commit to the code base. I have become the maintainer on the basis of an agreement with Tobi back in January. This agreement permits me to relicense the code under my choice of a ZPL or MIT license.

I cannot work with sources in zope repository since it would require a contributor agreement with Zope Corp. I am unable to enter into this agreement for the forseeable future. The zif collective (zif.sourceforge.net) is a way that I may contribute back to the zope community without the requirement of the agreement.

You don't identify the problem(s) which prevent you from entering into
that agreement:  we might be able to clarify or help resolve them if you
did so.

Hi Tres. Any discussion of the ZCA will have to occur another day. I am not seeking a way to enter the agreement or to resolve anything publicly. Toby and I made these arrangements a couple months back and have committed to ongoing communication.

It should be pointed out that users of the code will be getting releases from a package index in future. More important than the location of the repository is the fact the code will be eggified, maintained and there will be future releases.

Regards,
David