Hi Alan. I'm keeping the thread on the list since you raised the issue here. There are several repositories of zope related code that exist outside of svn.zope.org. I have made the decision to host DirectoryStorage at sourceforge on the basis that I have committed to maintaining and contributing to the project.

I volunteered to maintain the project since I saw it falling into disrepair following two years without a single commit to the code base. I have become the maintainer on the basis of an agreement with Tobi back in January. This agreement permits me to relicense the code under my choice of a ZPL or MIT license.

I cannot work with sources in zope repository since it would require a contributor agreement with Zope Corp. I am unable to enter into this agreement for the forseeable future. The zif collective (zif.sourceforge.net) is a way that I may contribute back to the zope community without the requirement of the agreement.

Anyone interested in DirectoryStorage is encouraged to participate in its development since it is an open project that will be getting a more liberal license. There will be something more to build upon once the egg repackaging is released. It will be released under zif namespaced package.

Shane and I have a relationship since I was also a project admin for PGStorage when it was located on sourceforge. There is nothing that would prohibit our communication or collaboration on any future development of DirectoryStorage. HTH.

Regards,
David