On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Stephan Richter
<stephan.rich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 21, 2013 06:12:34 AM Christian Tismer wrote:
>>      ZConfig
>
> In my opinion this is a relic from the times before configparser existed.

IMO, ZConfig is very useful in some specific cases, especially ZODB and logging
configuration.

> It is
> also used by other projects outside of ZODB.
>
>>      ZEO
>
> This is separate for historical reasons. I agree it could be merged into the
> ZODB project these days.

It was separate a long time ago.  It's been part of the ZODB distribution
for a long time until recently.

It makes sense for it to be optional, as it's of no interest to people who
use relstorage.

More importantly, it's more complicated than any other part of ZODB and it
makes a lot of sense for ZODB development to be unburdened of it.

Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton