Chris Greenman wrote:
Hello, I've got a problem I hope someone can help me
with.  I have two identical E250s (both jumpstarted
identically) and I'm having problems installing a zone
on one of them.  The problem appears to center around
some loopback filesystems I'm trying to create.  The
config file works fine on one machine but not the
other.  I've even gone as far as making an exact copy
of the loopback directories on the working system and
transferred them to the other with no luck.   My
zonecfg config file is as follows:

create -b
set zonepath=/zones/mysql1
set autoboot=true
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/lib
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/platform
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/sbin
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/usr
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/usr/sfw
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/opt/csw
end
add fs
set dir=/opt/csw/etc
set special=/zones/local/mysql1/optcswetc
set type=lofs
add options [rw,nodevices]
end
add fs
set dir=/opt/csw/var
set special=/zones/local/mysql1/optcswvar
set type=lofs
add options [rw,nodevices]
end
add fs
set dir=/usr/local
set special=/zones/local/mysql1/usrlocal
set type=lofs
add options [rw,nodevices]
end
add net
set address=192.168.0.70
set physical=hme0
end

On system 1 this works fine.  On system 2, I get the
following error:

# zonecfg -z mysql1 -f /var/tmp/mysql1-zone.cfg # zoneadm -z mysql1 install
Preparing to install zone <mysql1>.
ERROR: Read-only file system: cannot create mount
point </zones/mysql1/root/opt/csw/var>
ERROR: Read-only file system: cannot create mount
point </zones/mysql1/root/usr/local>
ERROR: cannot setup zone <mysql1> inherited and
configured file systems
ERROR: cannot setup zone <mysql1> file systems
inherited and configured from the global zone
ERROR: cannot create zone boot environment <mysql1>
zoneadm: zone 'mysql1': '/usr/lib/lu/lucreatezone'
failed with exit code 74.
#

Notice the first FS works but the other 2 fail.  Here
is an ls of the loopback dirs in the global zone.

# ls -l /zones/local/ total 2
drwxr-xr-x   5 root     root         512 Dec  5 13:07
mysql1
# ls -l /zones/local/mysql1
total 6
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Dec  5 13:07
optcswetc
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Dec  5 13:07
optcswvar
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Dec  5 13:07
usrlocal

Anyone have any suggestions?

Because the directory /opt/csw is configured as an inherited-pkg-dir,
it will be mounted read-only in the zone.  It looks like the
mount point for the lofs mounts, starting with /opt/csw/var, might not
exist.  Have you verified that there is actually an /opt/csw/var
directory in /opt/csw in the global zone?  Likewise for the /usr/local
lofs mount.  Why are you using inherited-pkg-dirs for some of the
/opt subdirectories?  Is there a reason you don't want to just use
lofs mounts for those too?

Jerry