On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 12:23:28PM -0400, Jeff Victor wrote:
> The question "if I am in a non-global zone, how do I know what the hostname
> of
> the global zone is" has been asked before on this alias.  I will summarize
> the
> answers that I remember.
>
> By default - and by design - a method does not exist.

The closest thing I've been able to find is the hostid command, which
will return the same id in the global and the non-global zone. It won't
give you the hostname of the global zone, but if you keep track of
hostids/names for the global zones, you can at least figure out where
you are.

vh

Mads Toftum
--