From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:50 AM
To: Stewart, Tom L.
Cc: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] Question on new Nov patch cluster for a
zoned system.

Stewart, Tom L. wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a T2000 with a couple of zones and when I tried to install the
> patch cluster from Nov 07 in the Global zone, it failed.

any idea why it failed, are there logs, patchadd output?
it should not have failed
> According to the CLUSTER_README
>
> WARNING!! IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that the installation of this patch

> cluster be performed in single-user mode (Run Level S).
>
> So I shutdown the zones and rebooted to single user mode. The
> install_cluster process took less than a minute and gave errors on
> trying to patch the first zone.
>
> Do I need to run the patch in normal mode or is this some sort of bug?

if you boot to Single User Mode ( as opposed to dropping to Single User
from Multi User ) then you need to run the filesystem/local:default SMF,

or mountall -l
As otherwise the zone's zonepath will not be mounted.

What errors did you see?
Enda