Enda O'Connor pisze:
> On 12/01/08 13:36, Maciej Browarski wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I try to install zone on zfs file system using solaris 10 update 6.
>> I have separate storage pool which is names zone. (mount in /zone).
>> So I type:
>> #zonecfg -z new
>> zonecfg:new> create
>> zonecfg:new> set zonepath=/zone/new
>> zonecfg:new> exit
>> #zoneadm -z new install
>> After that I don't see zone/new filesystems. On Nevada systems I
>> always have separate zfs.
>> In man documentation from zoneadm I read that option -x means that
>> don't use  zfs filesystem.
>> Why is this don't working with solaris10u6 ?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> Hi
> Could you clarify what you mean by "I don't see zone/new filesystems"
> is it that it's not in zfs list, i.e. how did you create /zone/new to
> start with.
>
> Enda

Yes, I don't see on zfs list
On nevada system (b101) , I type:
# zonecfg -z old
old: No such zone configured
Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone.
zonecfg:old> create
zonecfg:old> set zonepath=/zone/old
zonecfg:old> exit
# zoneadm -z old install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
Preparing to install zone <old>.
Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.

So, I see that ZFS  file system was create.
On Solaris 10 Update 6 I type:
-bash-3.00# zfs list
NAME                        USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool                      4,56G  11,1G  35,5K  /rpool
rpool/ROOT                 3,30G  11,1G    18K  legacy
rpool/ROOT/s10x_u6wos_07b  3,30G  11,1G  3,30G  /
rpool/dump                  768M  11,1G   768M  -
rpool/export               42,5K  11,1G    19K  /export
rpool/export/home          23,5K  11,1G  23,5K  /export/home
rpool/swap                  512M  11,6G  18,3M  -
rpool/zone                   18K  11,1G    18K  /zone
-bash-3.00# zonecfg -z new export
create -b
set zonepath=/zone/new
set autoboot=false
set ip-type=shared
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/lib
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/platform
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/sbin
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/usr
end
-bash-3.00# zoneadm -z new install
Preparing to install zone <new>.
Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.

My question is why I don't see line with:
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
on solaris 10 u 6. Is solaris don't support zone on rpool ?

Regards,

--
Maciej Browarski