On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Frank Batschulat (Home)
<frank.batschu...@sun.com> wrote:

> a '-x nodataset' option for 'clone' like in 'install' is unlikely going to
> happen, in
> fact I will remove the '-x nodataset' option for 'install' completely soon in
> OSOL build 135
>
> PSARC 2010/008 Remove zoneadm install sub-option "-x nodataset"
> http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=448598
>
> your ZFS problem is with 'move' ie. rename a file from one dataset to another
> while both datasets are still in the same pool ending up as a copy of the file
> because it crosses dataset ie. file system boundaries. there's a ZFS RFE
> open to improve that:
>
> 6483179 Provide an efficient way to rename a file to another dataset in same
> zpool
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6483179
>
> 6650426 RFE: support link(2) between ZFS filesystems
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6650426

Actually, this would be the 'proper' fix and will work for us.  Do you
know if there's priority to these two CRs?  I will provide a business
case write-up under another cover, if someone would like to add it to
the CR.

Meanwhile, I am stuck at U5, because as far as I can tell, U7 and U8
implements separate dataset per zone if it's on a ZFS.  This
completely breaks our application, which depended on the efficiency of
"mv" within one filesystem.