Mike Gerdts wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Christine Tran
<christine.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does the data really need to be under the zonepath?  If you were to do
something like:

zfs create -o mountpoint=/stuff rpool/stuff
mkdir /stuff/z1 /stuff/z2

zonecfg -z z1
add fs
set dir=/stuff
set special=/stuff/z1
set options=rw
end
exit

zonecfg -z z2
add fs
set dir=/stuff
set special=/stuff/z2
set options=rw
end
exit

Adjust paths as needed to fit your application.  From the global zone,
you should be able to mv /stuff/z1/* /stuff/z2/* efficiently.
I think I have tried something like this, basically pre-make the
zonepath as directories before cloning the zone?  It doesn't work.  I
end up getting a new dataset mounted on the directory I've created.

What I am suggesting is that there is another file system that is lofs
mounted into each zone.  Within z1 and z2 there are directories named
/stuff that really come from rpool/stuff/{z1,z2}.

Mike,

Your suggestion isn't suitable for Trusted Extensions because it conflicts with the labeling policy for LOFS mounts. All such LOFS mounts are forced to be read-only. Only the owning zone is permitted write access, and the label reported for files under the mount point is the label of the owning zone. In your workaround, the owner would be the global zone. What Christine requires is that the files get properly labeled and that they are mounted read-write.

The fact that the functionality changed from U5 in such a way that prevents upgrading to U7 seems like a regression to me, and therefore is a bug that must be fixed.

--Glenn