On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 12:23:30PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:
> All,
> I have two questions based on what I have been seeing where I don't see
> packages of interest being
> installed into a zone I create when the package exists in the global zone.
> 1) Where is the list of packages kept that will be installed into new zone?
> How does this list get modified?

by default packages that get installed into a zone are specified in the
default AI manifest used to install zones.  you can find that manifest

looking inside you can see that the default package that we install
(which determines which other packages get installed) is:

you can also create your own AI manifest which specifies which packages
you'd like to have installed in the zone.

> 2) How do I use the pkg utility to install a package to an alternative root
> path?

pkg -R <path> install <packages>

but for zones it's better to boot them, zlogin, and then run pkg.