On 11/11/11 02:39 AM, Mike Gerdts wrote:
On Thu 10 Nov 2011 at 08:32PM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 10/10/11 07:20 PM, Edward Pilatowicz wrote:
On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 12:23:30PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:

I have two questions based on what I have been seeing where I don't see
packages of interest being
installed into a zone I create when the package exists in the global zone.

1) Where is the list of packages kept that will be installed into new zone?
How does this list get modified?

by default packages that get installed into a zone are specified in the
default AI manifest used to install zones.  you can find that manifest

I can't see that file (or the auto_instal directory) on any of my
systems.  Has it moved?
That file exists in Solaris 11 as part of the auto-install-common

$ pkg search /usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
INDEX      ACTION VALUE                                            PACKAGE
path       file   usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml

With Solaris 11 Express, the list of packages was hard coded into
scripts under /usr/lib/brand/ipkg.  What are you running?

Solaris 11 Express with the latest updates from the support repo.

I'm getting an odd problem creating zones and I wanted to check the package list:

Package State Update Phase                     45/45
Image State Update Phase                         2/2
  Installing: Additional Packages (output follows)
Creating Planpkg: 'SUNWbip' matches multiple packages

ERROR: failed to install package