On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I cloned core/hbase subprojects, so we do what's currently done by other
> hadoop subs. The issue has come up in the past, might be a good idea at some
> point but might also add even more complexity to already pretty complex
> process (see howtorelease page). I think we should get things setup similar
> to existing subs (still alot of work to be done converting the wiki over to
> apache wiki/docs) and review at some point in the future.
>
> Howtocontrib/howtorelease/faq is already on the wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper
>
> mailinglists/news/etc... are part of the docs (not wiki), probably more
> convention than anything. mailinglist never changes and I believe news (and
> prolly some others) is part of docs in order to be versioned, but also to
> enable users who have checked out the code to have direct access .

That's cool too.. If you are going to use a Wiki it might be better to
use the confluence one just cause it can easily be skinned to have the
main site's look and feel.  Plus it has a bunch of cool macros
available to import code examples from svn or bring in a table of
issues from JIRA (for example
http://openejb.apache.org/ejb-3-roadmap.html ) etc.

Regards,
Hiram