Florent Guillaume wrote:
Specifically, in CMFCatalogAware.reindexObjectSecurity (recently
introduced by Florent Guillaume if I recall), it assumes getObject()
will return None in a failure.

Yes, see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/337 which I'm about to fix.

This is a bad fix IMNSHO :-(

Why was getObject not returning an object?

That condition has been accepted for far too long and, reading the rest of the thread here, seems to be a bug in this case.

Furthermore, rather than effectively re-implementing getObject in CMF code, why didn't we just catch the exceptions that are now being raised?

Anyone mind if I revert this checking?

Chris - hmm, this tyre has a puncture, lets put more air in it but not actually patch the hole...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk