It's been exactly two months today that CMF 1.5.4 was released as the latest release from the 1.5 branch. A lot of work has been done as evidenced by the change log.

I'm not sure if it's helpful for the main "consumer" of CMF releases (-> Plone), but those who develop their own solutions on top of the CMF might appreciate a release.

I propose cutting 1.5.5beta this Sunday (November 6th) and having a beta phase lasting 2 weeks, mostly because I'll be in Detroit next weekend and probably won't be able to cut a final release. The weekend after that I'm back in Germany and ready to push out 1.5.5 final.

Please speak up if you don't think this is a good idea.