On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:30:27 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hash: SHA1

On 6 Jun 2006, at 09:11, yuppie wrote:
3.) CMF 1.6.1 beta is already released. Are there plans to include an updated GenericSetup in the final release? I can't guarantee my checkin will cause no problems, so we would at least need additional testing.

It doesn't look like what you're changing is a "must have" for 1.6.1, so if all else fails I can always create a tag "just before" your checkin. Unfortunately we don't have any time for another beta due to the last minute notice about Plone 2.5.

Is there a way to test for potential breakage via unit test so that I could judge if something works alright by running the unit tests in a CMF 1.6 setup?

How much beta time do we need? I'm not the one to make this kind of decision, but having an RC2 of Plone 2.5 if we're pretty confident the changes are minor, coninciding with a beta 2 of CMF 1.6.1, if it delays things for a week or two seems a reasonable compromise to me, if this feature is indeed useful to Plone 2.5-based developers, and just in order to keep us in synch.

As I said, whether that's an option for Plone is up to Alec, not me, though. :)


"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006

Zope-CMF maillist  -  Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org

See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests

Reply via email to