Charlie Clark wrote:

[..]

That's probably the easiest solution at the moment although it would be nice to be able to declare this in the schema. I suppose two different interfaces à la IObject and IMutableObject provide a way. I find fiddling with the form fields too easy to mess up! I think the only thing that's missing from this is a nicer way of getting the portal_type. As this is configurable in the ZMI and perfectly possible to have several types deriving from the same class and, therefore, from the same interface. Although as with browser views this should no longer be possible. I can't see an easy way of doing this but it seems to me much more natural to do this in the interface rather than in the view as it's essentially declarative work. Maybe a dedicated schema field for CMF Types and associated hidden widget?

Alternatively, support for portal_type specification at runtime (and
anything else for that matter) could be handled as a behavior in the
sense of

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.behavior/

maybe? Just a thought ...

Raphael