Miles wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to register an adapter to provide a
> different IndexableObjectWrapper class from the stock CMF one?  There's
> some sort of framework code that hints that it ought to enable this, but
> I can't see how!
> The code still seems to instantiate the wrapper directly using the
> class, rather than looking it up via the component architecture.
> Can anyone explain what's going on?  I've drawn a blank from googling
> for examples.

In plain CMF, probably not. In Plone, we have a custom CatalogTool which
does let you provide a new wrapper wholesale based on object type.

In Plone 3.3, we'll *also* have a means of providing individual
*attributes* of the wrapper via adapters. See This package should work with
stock CMF (though you'll need to wire it into the catalog tool yourself).

want to work with Plone. See