Your mail with the screen shot was delayed, so I didn't see it before I
wrote my reply.
Did someone have to approve that manually?

Yes, I think that there's a limit to 100 KB per e-mail, though I'm surprised that the screenshot is as big as it is.

Anyway: Looks like a tab that tries to make everybody happy. It's too
complex, but that's not your fault.

This is definitely the case. I think anyone not familiar with the implementation would not be able to tell the difference between the new options.

But, for me, this is not about how it works in the ZMI.  I am sure with
some back and forth like this we can work something out.  It is mostly
about: what happens when in code you do runAllImportStepsFromProfile
with the default settings.

BTW 2, Plone 5 is still also using CMFQuickInstaller, but that is going
the way of the dodo.  Slowly.

I didn't have a look at the Plone 5 control panel, but as you describe
it, something similar would be quite useful in the portal_setup UI. But
the Import tab has already too many options for rare use cases. It might
be better to add a new tab for importing add-ons.

This sounds like a good idea. The ZMI has traditionally suffered from just having more and more knobs to twiddle with little thought of the actual UI. I don't think that should block this PR (if it's required to solve a common problem at short notice).

Kronenstr. 27a