Op 24-09-15 om 13:54 schreef yuppie:
Hi Maurits,

Maurits van Rees wrote:
Op 23-09-15 om 16:53 schreef yuppie:
if you run a base profile in purge mode, shouldn't that purge profile
versions automatically?

GenericSetup itself is not doing this currently.
It might be good to do that, but I guess it is not always needed.
Then again, I have never written a base profile myself, only extension
profiles, so I'm not sure what creators of base profiles expect here.

if you run a base profile in purge mode, you usually want to undo all
previous configuration and start from scratch. In theory you could do
that just with some setup handlers and keep the rest of the
configuration. But I doubt someone uses it that way.

If you start from scratch, old profile versions data becomes incorrect.
So I think GenericSetup should delete that data automatically.

I have updated my pull request to add that purgeProfileVersions method and to run this before running the import steps of a base profile.

See https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.GenericSetup/pull/18

Anyway, let's not lose too much sleep arguing over this.
I have created a new pull request, superseding the other pep8 one.
https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.GenericSetup/pull/21

This cleans up pep8 in the tests. The first commit is only white space.
The second commit is more aggressive, but far, far smaller.

Plus in the rest of the code this fixes only pep8 issues in comments or
in empty lines: removing or adding a line or removing white space on an
otherwise blank line.

This would be a compromise I can live with. But I was not the only one
who voted against your first PR.

Thanks.

Tres, how about you?

--