M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

This is a no-go if your Oracle people go "huh? ODBC? that's deprecated
rubbish and you ain't using it" ;-)

Depends on what people you're talking to, I guess...

Oracle DBA's who know a helluva lot more than me about Oracle ;-)

Why are they saying ODBC is deprecated? Is it? Is ADO the way to go here? (as you can tell, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to MS ways into Oracle ;-) )

BTW, would calling it mxOracle Zope DA help ? (just
testing waters here ;-)

Sadly, not in the slightest. For me, only normal oracle listeners will ever be available :-(

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk