[Chris Withers]

| The point behind CatalogAware was, as I understand it, that the object
| inheriting from CatalogAware wouldn't have to worry about managing its
| own indexing. Sadly, that didn't work out...

I haven't been following this discussion, so my question may be
redundant, and if it is I'm sorry.  :)

Are you saying that, as a general rule, inheriting from CatalogAware
and using index_object, reindex_object and unindex_object does not
work?  Or, probably more likely, are you saying that since you have to
put index_object in the __init__ method you consider it to be managing
its own indexing?

Thanks :)