Chris Withers wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > I guess it's just a matter of only reinventing the wheels
> > you have to, and writing less code as a result.
>
> I'm pretty sure Squishdot is re-inventing no wheels ;-)

If you are writing your own cataloging and uncataloging
code, then I think that it could be.

> > http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/inherit_ZCatalog
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/CatalogAware
>
> These are both pretty old and seem to be aimed at ZClasses.
> Squishdot has nothing to do with ZClasses.

I realize that Squishdot is a Python product, of course. As
far as the information being old, it's tested. I just used
it to build a new application this week. No bugs.

> CatalogAwareness is of no use for a product like Squishdot.
> Squishdot already inherits from ZCatalog.

I realize that Squishdot already inherits from ZCatalog, I
was asking why Posting objects shouldn't inherit from
CatalogAware? I don't think that only ZClasses can inherit
from CatalogAware, that doesn't seem quite right.

Again, it's certainly possible that I'm overlooking
something.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.