OK... more info... here's my setup.
1 ZEO server, 3 clients (client 1, client 2, client 3).

client 1 is on the same physical machine as the server.

client 2 is on a different machine, but close by
on a high-bandwidth network.

client 3 is on a third machine on the same network.

If I make changes on client 1:
  they are not seen on client 2 OR client 3 until I flush
  the database cache on that client.

If I make changes on client 2:
  they are immediately seen on client 1.
  client 3 does not see them until i flush its database cache.

If I make changes on client 3:
  they are immediately seen on client 1.
  client 2 does not see them until i flush its database cache.

I noticed that the system time on each machine was a bit off,
but that doesn't seem to be the culprit; they're very close now,
and it makes no difference which one is ahead of the other: I get
the same behavior described above regardless of whether clients 2 and 3
are slightly ahead or slightly behind client 1.

Next, will investigate ZEO logs as Shane suggested...

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com