Chris Withers wrote:

Andre Meyer wrote:

With respect to CMS, Plone archetypes are too simplistic for complex data/document types and customisation takes too much effort.

totally agree...

I have the same experience.

They keep refactoring how a single small (and relatively uninterresting) subset of problems can be solved. In the meantime all the products depending on the framework are in a perpetual state of broke.

Furthermore they keep forking the codebase and giving it new names.

I have a few Plone Products, and while it takes a bit to get the skeleton set up correctly, it is never that part of the product development that takes the most time.

After the setup I can then enjoy that I don't have to fight the constraints of a framework.

regards Max M