Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

yuppie wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:

- CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml blows up because the syntax of the
  'browser:skin' directive has changed in a BBB-incompatible
way.  The
  now-failing directive is::

   <browser:skin
      name="cmf"
      layers="cmf default"
      />

  and the traceback is *very* weird::

    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File \
      "/tmp/endgame/Products/CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml", line \
      10.2-13.8
    ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'layers',
"ImportError:\
     Couldn't import default, No module named default in cmf
default")
Ah yes. This is due to a missing ZCML declaration in Five. I already
fixed it on the Five trunk
(http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2006-May/001859.html),
but the
zpt branch is a bit too old to have this fix. That's why it works
fine
on the Zope trunk but not on the zpt branch.
They I guess we should update the external for Five on the branch, and
verify?

No, because Five was branched off too. But all that should be history
now, anyways, because I merged everything to the trunk and removed the
ZPT branches.

Those tests still break when run against the Zope trunk.

I can't confirm that. I no longer see the failures related to the
missing 'default' layer.

Most failures were caused by new requirements for the test setup and CMF
2.0 needs a backport of the test fixes on the CMF trunk.

Are these the "no traverser" problems?  Those are the ones I said were
still broken, and which Philip thought would have been fixed by the
newer Five version.

CMF 2.0 still exhibilts them, while the CMF trunk does not.

Yes. The 'no traverser' problems were not caused by the missing 'default' layer, so the Five fix doesn't resolve them. They are caused by the fact that Five traversing is now used in more places, so more tests need setUpTraversing/cleanUp.

So it all boils down to the empty expressions issue and this error:

I am planning to land my 'empty path expr BBB' patch on the trunk and
the 2.10 branch today.

I agree with you that there should be BBB code that provides the old behavior and I agree with Philipp that not using that old behavior is a benefit for the CMF.

Cheers,

        Yuppie