--On 29. August 2006 18:37:45 +0100 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
Unlike you, I prefer when the browser waits until Zope
has come up over me  having to reload manually until it
finally is ready...

The branch Andreas just merged leaves the "fast-bind" option on by

Cool, although I can't really see the use ;-)

The usecase is pretty simple: you have a loadbalancer and remove one backend Zope. The LB detects the removal and stops forwarding request.
When the client comes back (means Zope opens the ports early) the LB
will start forwarding to the client although it might take a while until the Zope instance is really up and ready to serve request. So by opening
the ports late we are able to reduce the latency and avoid pending