Tres Seaver wrote:

I may not *want* the other package's ZCML to be loaded:  some of its
policies may not be appropriate for my application.  I think that the
"library" vs. "pluggable application" distinction is valid here:  maybe
you want to define an entry point in the egg which a given pluggable app
would use at startup time to configure all the plugins which exposed
that entry point.

Five fakes such an entry point now by implicitly
packages it recognizes as products:  are you proposing to replace Five's
DWIM with a new, explicit version?

That may be preferable, but quite hard from a BBB perspective. Right now all kinds of products exist that just expect their ZCML to be automagically loaded.

want to work with Plone. See