Christophe Combelles wrote:
Martijn Faassen a écrit :

I think the term 'develop' is badly chosen. You are right if you argue while having the meaning of 'develop' in mind. You are explaining what you think a 'develop' option should be. A 'develop' option means: "I want to 'develop' on this package, so I want it active, otherwise I don't put 'develop'".

But probably the feature has been created before the name 'develop' was chosen, and it should have an other name ('egg_path'? 'local_egg'?). However something has to be done because some people find it not logical, some other people will probably have headaches with it.

I think Jim chose to name this option simply 'develop' because for each directory specified in it, it will call 'python develop'.