On Mar 23, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
On Mar 21, 2008, at 6:54 PM, David Pratt wrote:
Hi Jim. OK great. Many thanks for elaborating. This will be progressive. I had been considering an application use case without a zodb. Is this the scenario that the basic publisher would facilitate?
No-more so than the existing publisher. I just want to make the publisher useful for small applications that don't need the component architecture and other facilities that zope.publisher depends on for mostly minor reasons.

This is of course a good goal in itself, though I'm curious how it compares to the Repoze publisher and its "obob" machinery?

Me too. I have a hard time figuring out what repoze is and I don't necessarily want to go swimming to find out. :) Is the repose publisher described somewhere?

I would like to create a 21st-century Bobo and this minimal publisher is part of that plan. If I create a new Bobo, I want it's requirements to be minimal. I don't want to depend on something as big as repoze seems to be.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation