Daniel Nouri wrote:
Therefore, I'd argue that we should, in contrary to what you suggest,
make the Zope 2 compatibility layer more explicit in the form of utility
functions, instead of more implicit.  Because it makes things more
transparent and easier to debug.

You might be right; but it's a very bad place to be, stuck in the middle of two frameworks. We're duplicating code all over the place, and while this has obvious inherent qualities, it also wears us out as a community.

I fail to understand why people are not more motivated to get rid of all the cruft. There are times when I wish the ship would sink, if only to get on with it.