Hi.

Martin Aspeli wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

Technically, I think that this is going to be hard. You'd need to patch in the magic acquisition base class. Acquisition is the main reason that some of the code needed to be duplicated - without the existence of acquisition wrappers, security checks are not made for view access and things just won't work.

I think if we could finish the philikon-aq_parent branch (or whatever it's called) that makes it possible to do acquisition using __parent__ pointers, we'd be a lot closer.

Hanno and Philipp know more, but I think it's reasonably close.

It is reasonably close but as stated in some threads a few month back I hit some problems which I cannot solve (not even with walking up stack frames...).

As the problems only showed themselves while doing browser testing inside Plone, I guess I can at least write some unit tests for them, so someone else can actually take a look at them more easily.

I'll see if I can do that during my next 10% day [1] :)

Hanno

[1] http://www.jarn.com/blog/the-10-plone-manifesto