Hanno Schlichting wrote at 2009-4-11 15:05 +0200:
>+1, to declaring Zope 3 dead. That should allow us to refactor the
>remaining packages much more aggressively and reduce the dependencies.

You (Zope developers) are very fast in declaring things dead and
destroy things application developers have build upon.

I see myself rather as an application developer and conclude that
Zope may no longer be adequate to build large applications on top
of it -- applications that need to live and be maintained for many years
to come.

I am unconcerned with Zope 3 in particular,
because I have not been an early adopter. But, I see the same
behaviour also with Zope 2 and its features....