Jens W. Klein wrote:
> I would divide the Zope Toolkit in two parts:
> (1) The real core which has to be mature. I doubt its all current 50-70
> packages (dont ask me which parts this are, most of the active authors
> here are knowing it better)
> (2) The more loose ends where more agility is needed. Plus outside-
> toolkit stuff like ZMI, application-server-installers etc. whatever the
> community-members are willed to support.

I used the time machine to make sure that these concepts existed all along:

It makes the point that "extra" libraries are not in the toolkit. This
is to make the maintenance burden for the toolkit maintainers (me among
others) less big, and to give more freedom to people who want to build
libraries that build on the toolkit in some way.