On Apr 17, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 18:00, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
>> I think it is clear that you are disregarding many people's opinions.
> What opinions have been disregarded, more exactly?

Gary's, Mine, Tres', Simon's, Benji's and others I could find if I
trolled through the thread, which I won't.

Continuing to talk about Zope 3 is harmful.  Saying that Zope 3 is a
dead end is also harmful.  Saying that Zope 3 is being renamed to Zope
Toolkit with some things left out and with some possible Zope 3
project that may or may not support the bits left out is at best too
confusing.  Simply saying that we're renaming Zope 3 to the Zope
Toolkit is clean and simple.  The fact that the contents of the
toolkit will change over time as parts are gradually deprecated or
receive less care is a detail that doesn't have to be part of the main
message.  At worst, the message Gary suggests is imprecise. It isn't
inaccurate.  Of course, Gary made these points more eloquently than I
just did.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation