Hi Chris,

> For what it's worth, in the Pylons Project, we decided to continue
> requiring the signing of a contributor's agreement (more or less the
> same contributor agreement as Zope requires).  But instead of signing
> via paper, we ask that folks "sign" the contributor agreement by adding
> their name and date to a CONTRIBUTORS.txt file in a git fork of each
> repository they wish to commit to (e.g.
> https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/blob/master/CONTRIBUTORS.txt).  The
> CONTRIBUTORS.txt *is* the agreement, and the pull request serves as
> proof that they agree to the contribution terms it outlines.
> I'm not 100% confident that this will serve as watertight proof of
> agreement in a well-funded court challenge.  But it's a lot easier on
> the contributor and on the organization.  The contributor doesn't need
> to use a fax or lick a stamp and wait, and at least if they're checked
> in they're fairly durable and have lots of backups (it would be very
> impressive if the ZF would be able to produce all the paper contributor
> agreements that have been signed over the course of Zope's existence on
> demand).

Yes, I remember "signing" the Repoze repository agreement in a similar way a
few years ago. I liked it because it was convenient, sure. But as you say, I
doubt it would hold up in a court.

Speaking of those paper contributor agreement availability, you'd be surprised.
I have them all in 3 large binders, for every signer the latest agreement they