On 11/17/2011 07:01 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

I would actually argue that "Zope4" have no real release cycle at all:
instead, the individual pieces which make up Zope should have their own
cycles, with perhaps a ZTK-like tracking set that Plone and others use as
platform targets.

-1 - we'll need something to amalgamate this into a release and we'll
need a way to manage and number those releases.

I agree; actually "ZTK-like tracking set" is really already talking about doing releases, just like the ZTK has releases. And just like ZTK releases do, this needs some release management effort.

Now I would advocate that Zope 4 releases mimic the ZTK in the way things are managed.

Regards,

Martijn