Julien Anguenot wrote:
I'm working on a proposal to change Zope 2's security
system in 2.9, but that will likely be a big job.

You mean migration of Zope2 security system to the Zope3 one right ?

Specifically, the protection system at this point.

See:

  http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/Zope3ProtectionInZope2

If it's the case I'll be glad to give a hand on this if I can.

Great!

Short of that,
someone would need to do a security review of 2.4.

You mean in a Zope's scope or the 2.4 itself ?

Someone would have to review Python 2.4 changes to try to
assure that language changes don't pole holes in Zope 2's
protection system.

Jim