On Thursday 04 August 2005 22:40, Gary Poster wrote:
> When trying to determine a plug point for some functionality we were
> contemplating, Fred Drake and I were surprised to see that
> zope.app.publication.httpfactory.HTTPPublicationRequestFactory
> allowed for specifying the SOAP request factory, but not any of the
> other request factories (HTTPRequest, BrowserRequest,
> XMLRPCRequest).  This smells like an oversight/bug.  I'd like to fix
> this for 3.1.

Shrug, this is a risky change. If something goes wrong there, a lot of code
will be screwed. I agree it is fairly trivial to fix, but I would prefer it
to be done right. I plan to address the entire HTTPRequest/Publication/...
issue with the Twisted integration work.

For a specific application it would be as easy to write your custom

Stephan Richter