On Saturday 15 October 2005 15:48, Gary Poster wrote:
> I also really wish we could agree on a subview-addressing story (for
> AJAX) and a drag-and-drop story.  We have experience with our drag
> and drop story, and are proposing a new AJAX story for subviews.  The
> subview package only sets up some small foundations so that these can
> work.

This is the reason we have not fully explored implementing portlets yet. I
think those type of features are only interesting in very dynamic, CMS-like
applications. For example, currently I do not need any of this for
SchoolTool.

> The persistence use cases are real and important, and I'd like to
> agree on them, but
> - we're still having internal discussions about the right way to do it,
> - it's intended to be an optional part of the subview capabilities, and
> - it doesn't appear to be pertinent to the viewlet or contentprovider
> approaches.

I really think that sub-views need to be adapters and their state should be
stored using a well-defined API. More than that I cannot say, because I have
not thought about it. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--