Fred Drake wrote:
On 1/24/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Shane Hathaway wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

However, I think one namespace for ZCML is enough.

Are you sure?

Perhaps it's reasonable to use a single namespace for all the ZCML
directives defined as part of the Zope 3 release.

Agreed.  Let's just do that.

 What about
third-party directives?  Are you saying we don't need to worry about
introducing names that conflict with third-party names we don't know

That sounds short-sighted to me.  We've certainly defined several
directives here at ZC, and I'd hate to have to push them all into Zope
3 itself just to ensure we don't end up with name conflicts in the

Separate namespaces for separate business entities makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is having separate namespaces for every subsystem, which is too deep a hierarchy.