On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 17:29 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> [snip]
> > I see Zope 5 being a combination of Zope 2 and Zope 3, keeping
> > the best of both.
> I think we already have Zope 5, and it's called Zope 2.9.
> Perhaps I'm wrong. If so, how does Zope 5 differ from Zope 2.9?

Are you kidding?

Zope 5 will be backward compatible with Zope 2 and Zope 3.  It will
allow configurations that look a lot like Zope 3.

It will have the best of both systems, and improvements to both.

It is where we put all of out app-server efforts.  Among other
things, it will have Zope 3's publisher and security model.

It will provide support for non-developers much the way Zope 2
does now, but with better solutions that ZClasses.

And, it will allow us to cleanly separate the efforts on an
application server, from out work on widely usable components.