On Tuesday 13 February 2007 10:00, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> On 13 Feb 2007, at 00:20 , Michael Kerrin wrote:
> > On Monday 12 February 2007 10:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]

> > I don't know what is going on with the tests on Windows. But I have
> > just
> > managed ( for the first time :-) ), to compile, start, and run all
> > the tests
> > successfully on Windows.
>
> So, you're not seeing a test failure then?
No.

> Adam, can you make the installer for 3.3.1 again, upload it (w/o
> publishing it) so that we can try to reproduce it on our machines?
Good idea - as my build of Zope probable can't be trusted - see below.

> > Althoug I had a slight problem starting Zope because of
> > ZODB.winlock not
> > working but considering all the problems I ran into to get the damn
> > thing to
> > compile I put this down to my lack of experience with Windows.
>
> How did you compile Zope on Windows? I assume you used some version
> of Visual Studio?
with lots of fun:-)

I compiled it with MinGW. I couldn't find Visual Studio 2003 and it refused to
work with VS 2005. I also had to hack distutils to get around a problem where
it couldn't find msvcr71 (???). So I am surprised I got this far to be
honest.

--
Michael Kerrin

55 Fitzwilliam Sq.,