On Feb 15, 2007, at 4:57 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Interesting. plone.portlets actually uses the Component Architecture and a persistent registry as the underlying "plugin system", it just provides a fancy UI on top of this to manipulate the registry.
Is this an adapter registry, a utility registry or both?
What about subscribers?
Does it still get the same performance optimisations as the global registries?

It's just the local component registry. I don't know if it's optimised or not, but I assume so.

The local component registry has the same optimizations as the global one.

As it happens we register adapters and utilities, but it could do subscribers (which are really just adapters anyway) as well.

The local registry is supposed to handle subscribers. It does handler them differently than regular adapters.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org