Christian Theune wrote:
we're running late on the Zope 3.4 release for about two weeks. (That's
pretty much my fault as I was way to busy and didn't yell out that I
I'd like to do Zope 3.4a1 ASAP. I'm pretty sure that I don't have time
to do the actual release though. As soon as we have the 3.4a1, I'll
update the release plan to match the following phases.
However, there are currently two bugs assigned to the Zope 3.4a1 release
in launchpad that could be moved for the beta unless we feature freeze
in the alpha already, I don't remember our policy on that and couldn't
find any hint in the wiki.
So, two things:
- I'd like some support for those two bugs
to triage and/or fix them?
- I need a volunteer to make the actual Zope 3.4a1 release.
For Zope releases <=3.3 we used procedures described in
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/MakingARelease. The procedure for making a
release is relatively easy because
* one tag is needed
* one command is needed to create a tarball (zpkg)
We need to update this procedure to account for the new egg-based
procedure. In particular, we should solve the following issues:
* Will we create the tarball with zpkg? What about the Windows release?
* We probably want to release eggs of all Zope 3 packages at the same
time. This raises the following questions:
- I think we need to tag all individual packages as well.
- If so, WHO tags them? (I would hope that we can determine
maintainers for each zope.* package who will start maintaining the
release cycles of the individual packages). Tagging basically also
means updating setup.py.
- Who physically creates the eggs and uploads them to the CheeseShop
- That last point raises another question: Do we upload things to the
CheeseShop, to download.zope.org or to both?
I think we should answer these questions first so that we can actually
go ahead with the release. I'll be happy to play a part in some of those
steps, but I would prefer a clearly laid out procedure first. Release
chaos with close to a hundred eggs would destroy us otherwise...
http://worldcookery.com -- Professional Zope documentation and training
Zope3-dev mailing list