Stephan Richter wrote:

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 18:12, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
  - I think we need to tag all individual packages as well.

  - If so, WHO tags them? (I would hope that we can determine
    maintainers for each zope.* package who will start maintaining the
    release cycles of the individual packages). Tagging basically also
    means updating setup.py.

  - Who physically creates the eggs and uploads them to the CheeseShop
    and/or download.zope.org?

  - That last point raises another question: Do we upload things to the
    CheeseShop, to download.zope.org or to both?

Reading those questions convinced me that we are not ready for an egg-based release. The overhead for the release manager is far too great. even with the simple approach it took about 0.5-1 day; I would think it takes more than that now.

I think we need some tools for this first. something that allows us to say: for packages x, y, and z do the following: Create a tag, change setup.py, and then create the egg. If we do not have this tool, every release will be a major pain.

Now we have almost 140+ eggs, and this is for the first and last time we are going to release all eggs together. Individual releases of these eggs won't be a problem.

Regards,
Baiju M