On 4 Sep 2007, at 10:15 , Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
As far as I understand your use case, i twould already be covered by my original proposal: you always have the option to locally override what's specified in the working set.

I think Dieter may have meant something like:

  [grok-0.11]
  grok = 0.11
  ZODB = 3.8.0-3.8.4
  zope.component = 3.4.0,3.5.1,3.5.2

Ah. Interesting. I hadn't considered ranges before. It *does* make the whole algorithm more complicated, though.

I'm still a bit disappointed that we can't get this kind of support from distutils.

The question is whether that's a job for distutils / setuptools or not.