On Sep 11, 2007, at 10:28 AM, David Pratt wrote:

I was hoping Jim might respond to this thread since I am certain there is concern about what this means for the future of Zope. I am hoping that core communities of python framework developers may come together on what is in their best interests.

OK, here's my opinion. I am not speaking for ZC. I don't think we should worry until Python 3 is much farther along. I agree with those who think that it will be hard to move to Python 3. Put another way, I think the benefit won't be worth the effort. My suspicion is that this will be true for *lots* of projects. I expect Python 2 to be with us for a long time. This is just a wild guess. A lot can change in a year or 2. I think our official position should be that Zope is a Python 2 application and we'll evaluate opportunities to leverage Python 3 over time as they present themselves.

I'm not going to reply to any replies to this post as I don't intend to spend any more time on this issue myself.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714