Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:29:58AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Paul Winkler wrote:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 05:39:45PM +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
Has there been a strong statement that there won't be a Python 2.7 and beyond? Will Python 2.x be actively killed off?
Quite the opposite, Guido proposed last year to do 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9.
After that it's not clear to me.
He must've changed his tune then. I heard him discuss Python 2.6 and maybe Python 2.7, but definitely wanted to avoid anything following this.

Do similar discussions like this one exist in the other Python framework communities? I think we are all having the same problem.

This is more or less the Twisted community's perspective:

I don't know what the other communities think about it. It's ironic that the more successful communities will in some way have the hardest trouble migrating, as they will have more code to support.