Tom Dossis wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
On behalf of the Zope 3 development team I'm proud to announce the final
Zope 3.3.0 release. There were no changes since the 3.3.0 release

I've noticed the following changes in the zope 3.3 ZMI

Zope 3.3 - Can add utilities anywhere, e.g. to Folders (content space).
Zope 3.2 - Can only add utilities to a Site Mgmt Folder

Zope 3.3 - All Objects have a ZMI Registration Tab
Zope 3.2 - Only ILocalUtility? objects have a reg. tab

Is this intentional?

Yes, because it's much simpler this way.

I seem to recall an objective of zope3 was to remove 'tools' from
content space?

The current situation gives you more flexibility. You can still choose to separate components from content, but you no longer have to.