OK, I've finally found,
Actually, it was failing also in the content side

My object is not IContained.
And since I'm adding containment constraints, I guess my object was considered Contained (containment proxy?). So the EditForm was expecting __name__ and __parent__ and was failing somewhere.

I've just added omit('__name__', '__parent__') in the form and it works.

But I can't explain why I have to add this omit() when my object is not contained. Is it silly to add a containment constraint on a not Contained object? Shouldn't the containment proxy manage this by itself?

Christophe

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
Hello,

I have a regular content object which uses the formlib for its edit view.
Nothing special, just like a Recipe.
But I want this object to only reside in the Site Manager, because it will be used as a configurable local utility (some kind of LocalKitchenTools utility)

Everything is perfect, and the EditForm works well until I want to tell this object to be only contained in the SiteManager. So I just add this statement in the interface:

containers(ILocalSiteManager)
or
containers(ISiteManagementFolder)

When I do any of these, the EditForm fails with a ComponentLookupError
What Am I missing? Why does a simple constraint create an error on this?

Christophe

------------------------------------
Error object: ((<zope.schema._bootstrapfields.Field object at 0xb58a9bec>, <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance URL=http://localhost:9673/++lang++en/++skin++Debug/testsite/++etc++site/default/ppp/@@edit.html>), <InterfaceClass zope.app.form.interfaces.IInputWidget>, u'')

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/publisher/publish.py", line 133, in publish
    result = publication.callObject(request, obj)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publication/zopepublication.py", line 161, in callObject
    return mapply(ob, request.getPositionalArguments(), request)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/publisher/publish.py", line 108, in mapply
    return debug_call(obj, args)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/publisher/publish.py", line 114, in debug_call
    return obj(*args)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/formlib/form.py", line 769, in __call__
    self.update()

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/formlib/form.py", line 732, in update
    self.setUpWidgets()

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/formlib/form.py", line 802, in setUpWidgets
    adapters=self.adapters, ignore_request=ignore_request

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/formlib/form.py", line 393, in setUpEditWidgets
    widget = _createWidget(form_field, field, request, iface)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/formlib/form.py", line 323, in _createWidget
    return component.getMultiAdapter((field, request), iface)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/component/_api.py", line 103, in getMultiAdapter
    raise ComponentLookupError(objects, interface, name)